Red Ball Applications is part of Darron Networking which is my business. I’m Bill Darron and I have been working with technology for more than 25 years.
I spent most of that time working for big companies, providing hands on support to regular people who were perplexed in some way by the technology they needed to use.
I’m someone who understands all that “mumbo jumbo” and can just make it work for normal people.
After helping for other people for so many years, I decided to strike out on my own and offer small businesses and individuals the same kind of service.
I know that most people can’t afford a full time “IT Guy”, so I fill the void. I provide prompt, personal service on both hardware and software.
I didn’t go to school to be “a computer guy”. Just like my customers, I found that I needed to use computers to do my job. So I learned how computers worked. Helping others with computers became my job. I never forget that all this technology exists to make work easier and more efficient. Technology is a tool to accomplish a task. My job is only done when a person can get their job done.
I really want to help people use technology so they can be productive.
Call (201) 796-7967 and we can get started.
A quick random list of projects I have worked on over the years:
- Developed a program that computed the advertising equivalency value of public service announcements aired on broadcast television.
- Maintained a large telephone PBX with voice mail in the times before the Internet (200+ phones with voice mail)
- Programmed a video tape library to keep track of airchecks of segments for a public relations company.
- Wrote a financial system for AT&T that tracked project budgets for Bell Laboratories.
- Implemented a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system for building medical lasers.
- Founded an Internet hosting company in 1996 when no one ever heard of such a thing.
- Built an E-Commerce system for AT&T Consumer Products that sold telephones and accessories via the company Intranet.
- Served as Technical Lead for the team that built all of the on-line applications for Chase Bank Credit Cards.
- Supervised the creation of custom HTML pages for an E-Commerce company that sold fragrances and luxury goods.
- Lead a development team that built and maintained a portal for Golf Courses to provide member services.
- Designed and programmed a web based system to manage the scheduling and logistics of promotional meetings for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Designed and programmed a prototype for Castrol Motor Oils that managed the change control process for product labels.